Volunteers at Harnham Infant School
Parent, Grandparent and Community Volunteers make a valuable contribution to the life of the school and the education of our pupils.
Our staff team are always so grateful for offers of help and our army of volunteers are always warmly welcomed.
Sometimes parents and wider family members become volunteers and sometimes we hear from members of the local community or through a charity called ‘School Readers’ who we have a link with.
The Safer Recruitment of all of our volunteers is just as important as our members of contracted staff so that we can ensure our Safeguarding arrangements are effective at all levels.
Before anyone is able to volunteer in the classrooms, we ensure that they:
- Have an enhanced DBS check
- Have a character reference on file for their suitability to work with children
- Have undertaken recent and relevant Safeguarding training
- Have read our Volunteers in School Policy – updated September 2023
- Have read our Safeguarding Leaflet – updated September 2023
- Have watched a video about Health and Safety arrangements
- Have signed a declaration form
Once all of these actions are completed, we issue our volunteers with a letter of assurance to show that they have been checked and are able to work with our children.
To find out more, you can download the documents below by clicking on the download button.
You can also see a video about volunteering at Harnham Infant School by clicking here:
Volunteers in School Policy
HIS Safeguarding Leaflet
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact Laura Pike firstname.lastname@example.org